I extracted DNA from strawberry. I had to - Why did the DNA separate to the top after adding the isopropyl alcohol? - Does all of your food have DNA? Explain your reasoning. - Why is it important for scientists to be able to extract DNA? Provide two examples.
for example, no new evidence will demonstrate that the earth does not orbit around the sun (heliocentric theory), or that living things are not made of cells (cell theory), that matter is not composed of atoms, or that the surface of the earth is not divided into solid plates that have moved over geological timescales .
emerging idea only occurs as a raw idea that could appear out of nowhere. meanwhile, to reach scientific consensus , that idea must be structured and tested over and over again through various experiments. the scientific consensus transforms the raw idea into idea that is more reliable through the process of scientific elimination.
1. Isopropanol is a compound used to dissolve lipids and as a dehydrating agent. When mixed with DNA, they compete for water causing the DNA to dehydrate and separating the mixture into two phases.
2. Every living organism contains DNA. This includes plants and animals, and therefore most of the food we eat.
3. DNA contains the hereditary information of all living organisms.
For example, in humans it is important to extract DNA for the identification of diseases, their causes and possible treatments.
In food, DNA extraction can help in the production of transgenic foods.
- Please i need your help...1 answer(s) · Biology
- 3. Look at the pictures beow and answer the following questions, Unsaturated fatty acids in the cell membrane a) How do the carbon bonds affect the shape of fatty acids?...
- How did economics delay scientists' first attempts for conservation in each story?...
Circular fold of
small intestine wall
Villus...1 answer(s) · Biology
- EVERYONE IT IS TIME TO RISE UP AND TAKE DOWN THE MODS. I had only had my account for six days and it got removed. If you are tired of your answers always getting taken down copy th...
- in cat some are black , some are orange and some are calico (fur that is both black and orange) all calico cats are always female this trait represents two inheritance patterns is...2 answer(s) · Biology
- How do trace chemicals affect the environment?...
- Prokaryotic cells NEVER have a nucleus A. True B. False...
- in cat some are black , some are orange and some are calico (fur that is both black and orange) all calico cats are always female this trait represents two inheritance patterns is...
- Place the following events in the cell cycle in the proper order: a. Anaphase b. Cytokinesis C. G2 d. Telophase e. G1 f. Prophase 8. S h. Metaphase...