Oxidation of citronellol, a constituent of rose and geranium oils, with pcc in the presence of added naococh3 forms compound a. a has a molecular ion in its mass spectrum at 154 and a strong peak in its ir spectrum at 1730 cm−1, in addition to c―h stretching absorptions. without added naococh3, oxidation of citronellol with pcc yields isopulegone, which is then converted to b with aqueous base. b has a molecular ion at 152, and a peak in its ir spectrum at 1680 cm−1 in addition to c―h stretching absorptions. draw the structures of a and b.
Ree0628 · 28.11.2019 00:31
ANSWER(S): 2 Show answers 8 Сomment
Ch4 is nonpolar and insoluble in water. since all of the hydrogen atoms are evenly spread around the carbon atom even through the c h bond is polar all the poles cancel each other out.
The answer options is d
- lead + phosphoric acid = hydrogen + lead(ii) phosphate
Igonna be honest i dunno that one srry
Which of the following are good traits of a hypothesis? it will be able to be testedit can predict an outcomeit will explain the observationsall of these...
Consider the following unbalanced equation for the combustion of hexane: αc6h14(g)+βo2(g)→γco2(g)+δh2o(g) part a balance the equation. give your answer as an ordered set of number...
How many atoms are in 2 moles of phosphorus?...
What do electromagnetic waves carry? how are they produced through which media can they move? where do they transfer energy? what do they not transfer? what do mechanical waves...
How big are the bighest ocean waves at mavericks...
Type the letter that represents the correct location for each particle type below. the neutron is found at __ the electron is found at __ the proton is found at __
When a wire with a current is placed in a magnetic field, electrical energy is transformed into mechanical energy select the best answer from the choices provided t f...
Which of these have the same number of particles as 1 mole of water h2o...
Ahas distinct properties and composition that never vary....
Water molecules are polar with ends that exhibit partial positive and negative charges. such opposite charges make water molecules attract each other through which type of bonds?...
What is the difference between a weak and strong base? only some of the molecules of a weak base dissociate to produce hydrogen ions when mixed with water, but all of the molecule...
Compare (a) the numer of atoms and (b) the number of grams present in 1.00 mole of helium and 1.00 mole of argon...
- (HCASE Dashboard Test 7.P.2B Section 1 A student has a full glass of water. The density of the water in the full glass is 1.0 g/mL. The student drinks half of the water in the gla...
- Which of the following molecules would be polar?...
- Which of the following is NOT a reason that compounds are considered pure substances? Group of answer choices They can be separated by physical methods they are composed of only o...
- a sample initially contains 30.0 mg of magnesium 56 after 8.2 hours of sample contains 0.938 mg of magnesium 56 what is the half-life...
- Match the description to the form of water that is described....
- How is energy conserved during transformations?...
- Type in the name of the following compounds. Be sure to use the periodic table if needed....
- How will the tree population change if all other organisms was removed?...
- How many mL of 0.200 M KBr would be required to make a 0.0600 M solution of KBr when diluted to 175.0 mL with water? mL...
- 2. Which of the following represents the tiny parts within a cell? *...