Direction and Analysis
Communication is the process of sharing information and expressing thoughts and emotions. How you communicate determines the
quality of relationships you have with people in your environment. It can affect how you feel about yourself and others and can even
contribute to your success at school or on the job. Often, how you say something is equally as important as what you say.
There are four broad types of communication: passive, aggressive, passive-aggressive, and assertive. Assertive communication is the most
desirable form of communication. Assertive communicators are open and honest. They are clear and direct when trying to get their point
across. Unlike aggressive communicators, they respect the rights of all parties involved in a discussion. Assertive communicators stay
focused on issues, not people, and they do not assess blame. They persuade people in a respectful way and create win-win situations for
everyone involved. Use assertive communication when speaking with others, and expect the same from them.
Yet, communication is much more than the words you speak. Nonverbal communication can be just as important in expressing your
attitudes and emotions. Nonverbal communication is the body language you use to convey meaning during interpersonal discussions. It
includes your gestures, facial expressions, patterns of behavior, and posture. Read more about nonverbal communication e.
Another aspect of communication is persuasive speech. Whenever you try to get people to do something or change their beliefs or
behaviors, you're engaging in persuasive communication. Most everyone uses persuasive speech in their daily lives. Because persuasive
speech is almost second nature, you might not even notice that you're speaking any differently. Read more about persuasive speech C;
then, work through the activity that follows.
Think about the types of conversations you've had in the past two to three weeks or a memorable conversation you had in the past. Then,
fill in the table below as if you were writing in a journal. For each type of communication-assertive, nonverbal, persuasive-provide an
example of a civic or governmental issue that you think would require this kind of communication.
yair7 · 07.05.2022 23:40
ANSWER(S): 3 Show answers 5 Сomment
This word is a transitive word
Hey mate here is the answer t ,t,t may it will you
that is the way of a cheater and cheaters get nothing but bad grades and in trouble.
what do u want me to answer?
The story is about a postmaster who is trying to adapt to the new life in the village of ulapur. in what way is the postmaster's life different from his life in urban calcutta?...
Read the excerpt from the odyssey; 'o cyclops! would you feast on my companions? puny am i, in a caveman's hands? how do you like the beating that we gave you, you d(arn)ed can...
Each pair of sentences can be combined to create one compound sentence. determine which choice best combines them. refinishing furniture is a creative hobby. not everyone loves to...
Within a farewell to arms, what would be the best definition of the word “hallow”? a) to shine a bright light onto a path. b) a deep hole. c) to treat as holy or sacred. d) la...
In the declaration of independence, thomas jefferson states that governments derive their power from...
Why does the green knight laugh at their response...
Drag each label to the correct location. in "sinners in the hands of an angry god," jonathan edwards compares a number of different items to either nonbelievers or to the wrath of...
Which analysis of the text does this passage best support a) lady mcbeth shows how much she loves her husband by offering to take the blame for the kings murder b) lady mcbeth thi...
Choose the sentence that is not logically connected in the paragraph. (1) one final effect of radio and tv on the language must must be noted. (2) there is no doubt that these grea...
What is the correct way of writing the following sentence? you’re headed for the big time kim said. a. “you’re headed for the big time,” kim said. b. your headed for the big time,...
Which word in the sentence is an indirect object? show us pictures of your old house in the country. a. pictures b. house c. country d. us...
Based on these dialogue samples, what is larry's social role most likely to be? a judge a professor a bartender a senator done anna christie by eugene o'neill (excerpts) larry: h...
- Which is one content difference between the diary and the play the diary of anne frank?...
- In "the most dangerous game," sanger rainsford says "i am a hunter, not a murderer" when he finds out that zaroff hunts humans. based on this statement, what can be inferred about...
- Which word is an antonym of the underlined word in the paragraph? in the 1800s there was a famine in ireland. the irish depended on potatoes for food. many died of hunger when a di...
- Why is amir afraid to be hassan’s true friend?...
- Which visual aid is best for showing comparative data? chart photograph video clip diagram...
- Determine whether the definition below is connotative or denotative. relevant: bearing upon or connected with the matter in hand; pertinent: a. connotative b. denotative...1 answer(s) · English
- What do you think tennyson is saying about the role of the artist and the connection of the artist to his or her society? cite evidence from the poem to support your view. your an...1 answer(s) · English
- What does the word “integrity” mean in the following sentence? amanda’s honesty and decency make her a person of great integrity...
- The following line from "the story of an hour" shows a thought mrs. mallard has about marriage: "a kind intention or a cruel intention made the act seem no less a crime as she loo...
- When a teacher shows a student how to do something step by step is known as...