3. Shane has two SIMILAR regular pyramids with Pentagon-shaped bases.
The smaller has a scale factor of 2:3 when compared to the larger.
Only the smaller pyramid is shown.
He calculates the area of the base of the pyramid (through long, hard work) to be 110.11 square
units. The height of the pyramid is 12 units. He now needs to calculate the Volume of the pyramid
A. Calculate the Volume of the Pyramid for Shane
B. “oh, no!” Shane exclaims. “Now I have to go through all this hard work again to find the Volume of the larger pyramid!” Does he?
C. Calculate the Volume of the larger pyramid for Shane.
Need help please ASAP!
A) 440.44 units³
B) similar figures
C) 1486.485 units³
Volume = ⅓× base area × height
= ⅓ × 110.11 × 12 = 440.44 units³
B) he doesn't have to make calculations again because the two pyramids are similar.
If the ratio of sides is given, he can find the other volume using:
(side1/side2)³ = volume1/volume2
(2/3)³ = 440.44/volume2
Volume2 = 440.44 × 27/8
Volume2 = 1486.485 units³
- Help with one and two ASAP please...
- 5 buses left Midville each day. 40 buses left in all. How many days did buses leave Midville?...
- A spinner has four equally sized sectors that are numbered 2, 4, 4, and 5. The spinner is spun twice and the product of the outcomes is found. A fair decision is to be made about w...1 answer(s) · Mathematics
- Multiply (x+6)(x+7). What is the product?...
- Oring Larger Numbers Focus In which number does the digit 3 have a value that is 10 times as great as the value of the digit 3 in 143,728?...
- Please help meA survey of your friends find that 11 own a dog, 12 own a cat, and 7 have no pet. Find the experimental probability that the next person you ask will be a cat-owner....
- SOMEONE, PLEASE HELP QUICK Which statement about solving inequalities is true? Adding the same value to both sides of an inequality does not change the solution set. Subtracting th...1 answer(s) · Mathematics
- What is the surface area...
- I need Help ASAP! There is a photo (directions are down below as well, Please help with two problems. THANK YOU!!! For Each Set, Identify the outliner. Then describe How it affects...
- A) Complete the table of values for y = 2x2 + x Х -2 -1 0 1 2 y 1 3 b) Which of the three curves drawn matches the graph of y = 2x2 + x?...