Write an equation from word problem: Juan and his friends decided to go to the Chihuahuas game. Each person paid $44.00 for their ticket and $10 for parking. They spent $186.00. How many people went to the game?
step-by-step explanation: check the picture for info and stats : )
$650 per month plus utilities
just based on the info you gave, it would seem more cost effective to rent at $650 per month plus utilities. if utilities are, in fact, $150 per month, your monthly living costs would be $800 as opposed to the other option of $825.
set up the composite function and evaluate.
44x + 10 = 186
x = 4
Writing the equation:
Look at the equation carefully. What numbers do we know already to put into the equation?
Well, we know that the total number that they all spent was $186, so that's the number we're trying to get the equation to equal. (Where I got = 186 from)
We also know that there was an extra $10 spent on parking, so we add the + 10 to the equation.
Lastly, we know that each person spent $44 on a ticket. However, we don't know how many people were there. That's where the variable (x) comes into play, making your equation 44x + 10 = 186
Solving the equation:
To solve the equation, you have to break it apart.
We know that there were 10 extra dollars spent, therefore, you have to subtract 10 from the total money spent, or in other words, move the constant to the right hand side and change it's sign (44x = 186 - 10). After solving the subtraction part, that will leave you with a new equation, 44x = 176.
Finally, you divide both sides by 44, and that will get you your answer of x = 4.
4 people went to the game.
- What is the horizontal shift for the absolute value function below F(x)=3|x+6|+9...
- What is the radius of the cone? the height is 12 an the volume is 16 pie cubedA.1 cmB.2 cmC.4 cmD.8 cm...
- 2n<(n+2)!, for n > 0, where ne Zplease solve this by mathematical indication method....3 answer(s) · Mathematics
- Line AE and line DF are parallel. If m∠ABG = 11x and m∠HCF = 10x + 9, what is m∠ABG?...
- What is the slope of the line that passes through the points (-2,7) and (2,-5)? Write your answer in simplest form....
- System of equations by elimination 2x - 3y = 5 2x + 2y = 10...
- 4) Before mandatory school closures, memes about how tough teaching is/how we should appreciate teachers were limited. Since "Operation Home School" was forced to begin, the numbe...
- The two-way frequency table below shows data on mindset and attendance at practice for students in Mateus's study. Complete the following two-way table of row relative frequencies....
- Assume f is an even function and g is an odd function. Assume f and g are defined for all real numbers. Use the below table to evaluate the given compositions. x1234 f(x)423-1 g(x...
- Compare 2/6 and 5/8 using benchmark number? Which number can you use to compare these fractions? A. 0. B.1/4. C.1/2. D.1...3 answer(s) · Mathematics