One can study the conversion of gravitational potential energy into kinetic energy in this experiment. On a smooth, level surface, use a ruler of
the kind that has a groove running along its length and a book to make an incline (see Figure 7.9). Place a marble at the 10-cm position on the
ruler and let it roll down the ruler. When it hits the level surface, measure the time it takes to roll one meter. Now place the marble at the 20-cm
and the 30-cm positions and again measure the times it takes to roll 1 m on the level surface. Find the velocity of the marble on the level surface
for all three positions. Plot velocity squared versus the distance traveled by the marble. What is the shape of each plot? If the shape is a straight
line, the plot shows that the marble’s kinetic energy at the bottom is proportional to its potential energy at the release point.
jdbell627 · 03.12.2022 17:51
ANSWER(S): 3 Show answers 9 Сomment
Velocity=total displacement/timefrom house to store is 500 from store to neighbor is 200 therefore total displacement=500+200=700metrestherefore,700metres/910seconds=0.8metres per second
Ireally just need to get finished with precal! i’m really sorry i have to do this! hope this !
the components of a vector are the parts of the vectors that are to each other.
like poles repel so keep pushing north to north and repels funny to see this
Translation can be considered to have three phases or steps: initiation, protein synthesis, and termination. give a detailed summary of the factors and molecules involved with ea...
Which form of cell division creates the sperm and egg, resulting in half of the chromosomes as the other cells?...
Atennis player used a tennis racket to hit a tennis ball with a mass of 0.25 kg with a force of 5.25 newtons. how does the force the tennis racket exerted on the tennis ball compa...
Calculate the volume of this regular solid. what is the volume of the cone? round your answer to the nearest hundredth...
Is the number of complete movements of a wave per second....
Match each type of lever with the correct diagram. 1. first-class 2. third-class 3. second-class...
Which statement describes the formation of our sun? a disk formed of long trails of stars coiled into a spiral. it formed an elliptical flattened disk. heat and gases contracted...
Robin is swinging back and forth from a trapeze. in which of the following situations is his kinetic energy being transformed into potential energy...
What is the change in internal energy if 20 j of heat is released from a system and the system does 50 j of work on the surroundings? a. -70 j b. 30 j c. -30 j d. 70 j...
Conventional hot-water heaters consist of a tank of water maintained at a fixed temperature. the hot water is to be used when needed. the drawback is that energy is wasted because...
Newton's second law states that f = m x a (force is mass times acceleration). which example would have the greatest acceleration?...
What is the main difference between the formulas for kinetic energy (ke) and gravitational potential energy (pe)? a. ke depends on position and pe depends on motion. b. ke depends...
- Which is an example of a gas? the oil in your car helium in a balloon both of the above...
- Which law states that a charge cannot be created or destroyed...
- What is a wavelength? how is it different from frequency?...
- What is the kinetic energy of a 1.0-kg billiard ball that moves at 5.0 m/s? a. 5.0 j b. 6.5 j c. 10.0 j d. 12.5 j...
- What elements are formed only during the supernova phase of large or extra-large madd star?...
- Which of the following is associated with fusion but not fission? oa. radioactive waste ob. mass-energy equivalence oc. uranium od. hydrogen...
- Two people are pulling up on ropes wrapped around the edge of a large wheel. the wheel has a mass of 12kg and a diameter of 2.4m one person pulls in a clockwise direction with a 43...
- How can an electron in an atom lose energy to go from a higher energy level to a lower energy level?...
- Avisible disturbance propagates around a crowded soccer stadium when fans, section by section, jump up and then sit back down. what type of wave is this? a) spherical wave b) po...
- Air freight transportation is attractive to shippers because of the lower packaging costs associated with the transport of cargo. which air transportation characteristics allow red...2 answer(s) · Physics